Thursday, May 2, 2013

My First Entry...

Hi everyone!!!
This is going to be my new blog dedicated to art, art and art!!! Sometimes music, sometimes paintings, museums and exhibitions... Direct from my life...Right from the source...
But who am I?
Am I an artist?
Well, to be honest, I don't consider myself as an artist but I know that I am an art lover.
I am a professional tour leader. I take groups all over the world to visit interesting places. Sometimes I fly over the mighty Himalayas into te Tibet and some other times I visit art museums in Europe or USA. Either way I am happy... But when I don't work and spend my time in Istanbul, I go to ARTS-IN and breath the air filled with the fragrance of oils, pastels and papers...
So what is ARTS-IN?
ARTS-IN is a modest but very active workshop / art gallery in Istanbul. Founded by three wonderful women: Meral Ağar, Türkan Elçi and Hilal Tursoluk. All my friends...All painters...And project inventors... I love to be with them... They are very supportive with me...
And I have NEVER had an art based study but I have always dreamed of being part of such a place. So last year I started to join them once or twice weekly in the workshop...
So this is going to be my page dedicated to art...To what I do in and out of out workshop... At home or during my trips...
Don't expect me to be a wonder woman!!! But in my humble way I am trying my best...And the most important thing is that  I am creating something...I am trying to add some value to this world...So please accept my presence within the creative minds of the art world...

So to start with I want to put here two of the collages that I prepared for two different mail art projects.

The first one is for a Turkish project. The project is called HOMELESS...

                                                    Homeless Princess in the Big City



And the second one is going to participate in Biennale of Small Works in Italy. Subject is free...So I created the next collage.

                                                         Big brother over the Big City

No comments: